Emberly is 17 weeks old today!
I know, I know… I really should stop referring to her as “____ weeks old”, but these are weekly updates, so bare with me. I promise I only say months to people in real life.
Laughs are a lot easier to come by now! All I have to do is nom on her tummy and the squeals begin. It’s friggin' adorable! Things that also make her laugh include: nomming on her toes & singing the “Mr. Pink Giraffe” song (don’t ask, it will only serve to embarrass Richard).
We ran out of size 1 diapers (although I think there are still some at my parents’ house) so we have officially transitioned her into size 2 diapers. They are still a little big, but she isn’t leaking out of them and she’ll definitely grow into them. Emberly is still in 3 month clothing, but is definitely long enough for 3-6 month clothes too, even if she doesn’t fill them out.
About a week ago, we started the process of “unswaddling”. It’s gone great so far! I’ve had her sleeping with one arm out for this whole week and she has actually woken up less. She is back to waking up only once per night now, where she nurses, and then goes right back to bed. Tonight I’m going to try both arms out, and if that goes well, then I’ll buy a few sleep sacks and we’ll just use those from now on. Maybe the sleep regression was due to the fact that she just didn’t want to be swaddled anymore?
I’m loving being a mother and I don’t think I could ever say it enough. She makes my life worth living. Parenthood is both the hardest and most rewarding thing I’ve ever done with my life, and it is the best decision that Richard and I have ever made. She makes us so happy and we just can’t get enough of her!
26 Notes/ Hide
- pammywammyx33792 likes this
- aubreysadventures likes this
- piggyvonninja likes this
- bumbleeebeees likes this
- tabithamsnyder said: oh my, did she grow overnight!?She’s acquiring some pretty awesome baby chub momma!
- accordingtodanny likes this
- lovepeaceandhodson likes this
- themamalogues likes this
- thesoftcaressofhappiness said: Adorable!!! What a sweet face. I’m learning that my son really is a porker w/ the docs visit yesterday and in perspective w/ other babies. He is 9 weeks old today and has been in size 2’s for at least a week now as well. Yikes!
- sixyellownotebooks likes this
- lettersforharper likes this
- ourlittleseattlefamily likes this
- oneluckyelephant likes this
- navybabylove said: She is sooo CUTE!!! I am jealous you are just now in size 2. Audri isnt even 3 months and is in them,lol
- 6impossible said: Ena’s 7+ months and I still do weeks on here! But also do months in person. Emberly is so adorable!
- navybabylove likes this
- sweetpeafairies likes this
- 6impossible likes this
- mamatothreebabies likes this
- thebruhnettegazette posted this