Emberly was 23 weeks old this week!
The internet is back up at our house so I can finally post this. This week has been a hard week for sleep. I think she is teething (I always think she is teething), and she keeps waking up screaming in pain. It’s so sad and the only thing that soothes her is nursing her back to sleep, which is not a habit that I want to start. So ugh. I’m not sure what to do with that.
She has been extra adorable though, talking all of the time and even screeching when she feels like it (usually in restaurants or in stores, little stinker!) I’m not sure if I posted about this or not, but on the day before Father’s Day, she rolled over back to tummy! And then she did it again last weekend! So I know that she has the ability to roll over both ways now, even though she rarely does it. It’s a good thing that we stopped swaddling when we did!
We are so close to starting solids, I can tell that she is ready! And by ready, I mean she stares at us intently while we eat and tries to grab our food and put it in her mouth. She even saw me drinking out of a straw at Chipotle, then grabbed the cup and put the straw in her mouth like she was trying to mimic me. It doesn’t get much cuter than that!
I’ve been researching baby-led weaning more and this is a website that I have found to be pretty helpful. It has a list of first foods to start out with, tips, and even recipes!
25 Notes/ Hide
- my--baby--love likes this
- momandskylar likes this
- navybabylove likes this
- miamorskyla likes this
- lifewiththesmalls likes this
- go-mo-go likes this
- momlyfe likes this
- superheroesfightdragons said: I used to nurse Jake back to sleep and it didn’t really become a habit because once his two bottom teeth came in he kind of got over it.
- 6impossible said: Oh my god, she looks so much bigger!
- 6impossible likes this
- diddlediddledumpling likes this
- bradleysaurusboys likes this
- thedefinitionofmycharacter likes this
- cheeseheadmom likes this
- pennyandpheebs likes this
- lingerieandlaundry likes this
- sweetpeafairies likes this
- thebruhnettegazette posted this