This morning while I was on my way to drop Emberly off at day care, I had this lady in a huge SUV tailgating me. She then cut someone off to change lanes, proceeded to drive 90 mph just to swerve, cut me off, and almost cause an accident, just to get off at the same exit. (Note: I was actually doing about 5 mph over the speed limit, so it’s not like I was driving like a grandma.) Then when we stopped at the red light on the offramp, she looked to her right and then turned left and ran the red light. On a left turn! She could have gotten herself, her kids that were in the car with her, or someone else killed. The light turned green about 10 seconds later and as I turned, I saw her swerve into the McDonald’s drive through. You know, because it was 7:09 and they stop serving McBreakfast at exactly 7:10, right?
Things like that really frustrate me. Mostly because I try to obey laws & show other people common courtesy. The whole “treat others as you would like to be treated” thing.
I got so angry, I wanted to pull in, get out of the car, and rip her a new one. But what kind of example is that setting for my own kid? My words would go in one ear and out the other, and she’ll get back on the freeway and drive the same way tomorrow. That’s when I need to take a step back, breathe, and tell myself that karma will get her back somehow…
14 Notes/ Hide
- projectunexpected likes this
- 6impossible likes this
- blastoffbabyboy said: This would have made me furious too. I hate hate hate reckless drivers. Car accidents scare the crap out of me. I always find myself secretly wishing for these people to get into car accidents, but then that would probably involve hurting innocents and well so I take it…
- thesoftcaressofhappiness said: People are do inconsiderate of the lives of others and are reckless not even thinking of anyone else. I started to take notice when I was pregnant and these people make me so mad!
- jaimiehahn likes this
- derangedfungi likes this
- thedefinitionofmycharacter likes this
- doubletroublemomma likes this
- doubletroublemomma said: I just hope karma doesn’t include her children. Sounds like she’s crazy. When the boys were a week old, this moving truck ran a redlight and almost plowed right into our car as we were crossing the intersection. I called the moving company on them.
- twolittledoudicans likes this
- luvnlife said: Do you live in la? This sounds like every LA driver haha. - dragonmommy
- thebruhnettegazette posted this