Emberly is 37 weeks old!
It’s virtually impossible to get her to sit still enough for a clear picture… especially with my little point & shoot. So until I get a DSLR camera, this is the best I can do!
Emberly loves to clap and will clap on command. All you have to say is “Clap your hands!” and she will furiously clap them together. She focuses really hard to make sure that her hands touch together every time!
Poor baby girl has been really stuffy all week. Richard and I both have a light cold now too, which she probably gave us (I can’t help but kiss both of them so I’ll bet it’s my fault).
A master at crawling around the entire house and waving “Hi” & “Bye” now, she is also starting to make the sounds associated with those words. Usually “Ha!” or “Ba Ba!”
Also, it seems like she doesn’t want to nurse. EVER. Except for in the middle of the night. She only drinks two 4 oz bottles while I’m at work. That’s only 8 oz! She nurses when she wakes up, when I get home, before bed, and then in the middle of the night when she wakes up. But she is really distracted, continuously unlatches, and I don’t feel like she is getting any milk. Am I drying up? My milk supply is plummeting while I pump at work. I went from being able to get 4 oz per session to only 2 1/2-3 oz per session. I’ve heard that this is normal, but I know that babies are supposed to be drinking 24-32 oz per day. Is it possible for her to get dehydrated? She would nurse if she was truly thirsty, right?
18 Notes/ Hide
- annamannix said: …that I left for him the other day. I’ve found that for him, it’s more about the comfort than the milk itself now. If she’ll eat food and drink water, it’s all good.
- bageldreams said: My baby boy has really slowed down on the milk intake, nursing mostly at night. We offer him a sippy cup of water at meal times which he drinks a little of. SHe looks super healthy and happy to me.
- bageldreams likes this
- gagadiaries likes this
- 6impossible said: Ena’s nursing a lot less too. Is she drinking water through the day and eating lots of solids? If she’s nursing 4 times like you say I’m sure she’s fine!
- granola-mama likes this
- miamorskyla likes this
- havekidslaughmore likes this
- navybabylove likes this
- menotpregnant likes this
- piggyvonninja said: She’s so big! She is probably filling up on solids? If she decides to nurse more you will make more milk after a day or 2.
- piggyvonninja likes this
- go-mo-go said: She looks twice as old as she did last week!!!!
- altogetherbeautiful likes this
- thebruhnettegazette posted this