Look at what we made over the weekend!
I’ve been seeing a lot of pictures lately showing hanging planters, but I couldn’t find one anywhere, so we decided to make our own. It look a long time at the hardware store trying to find the brackets that we needed, but we now have an “over-the-door hanging planter”. This is completely removable (since we live in an apartment, we want to be able to take it with us whenever we move), and it only cost about $18 to make! This includes the wood, brackets, screws, and the brown planters.
I’m really excited about our little balcony garden, we’ve been working on it for a couple of months now and (I think) it’s coming along quite nicely. The top planter contains peppermint, the middle contains stevia, chives, & basil, while we left the bottom empty to plant some spinach & kale later in the season.
Our balcony planters are doing really nicely too! The full one contains carrots & cucumbers, while the other two have lettuce, cilantro, & bell peppers which are just starting to sprout.
And that big round pot? Pumpkin! It should be ready for harvest about a week before Halloween, perfect timing!
23 Notes/ Hide
- mikecummins89 likes this
- randomthoughtsofacollegestudent likes this
- fenrirluna likes this
- neallyeats likes this
- hvanegas89 likes this
- coyotestuck likes this
- sanuka likes this
- sit-beside-me reblogged this from thebruhnettegazette
- mealsandmeltdowns likes this
- azuraspyte likes this
- fyuzhn reblogged this from thebruhnettegazette
- fyuzhn likes this
- eversleepy1 likes this
- ramblingsofasortadomesticgoddess likes this
- monkeybrainmama likes this
- aneasyworld said: There’s nothing quite like a freshly planted garden :)
- aneasyworld likes this
- thesoftcaressofhappiness said: Your over the door planters are awesome! That’s so cool!
- dont-poke-the-momma-bear likes this
- eatsugarspeaksweetly likes this
- cheeseheadmom likes this
- altogetherbeautiful likes this
- thebruhnettegazette posted this